1. Strengthening and building stakeholders’ capacity and support for the development of a National Alcohol Policies (NAP) in West Africa
Vision: A low level of alcohol-related harm in West Africa especially alcohol-related diseases, alcohol disorder (mental health), gender-based violence, and road crashes and injuries.
Nigeria, Liberia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana, The Gambia, and Guinea Bissau.
2. Building Regional Research Capacity to prevent and reduce Alcohol Harm in West Africa
Promote evidence-based policy initiatives on alcohol control and to support National Alcohol Policy Alliances research needs.
Nigeria, Liberia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana, The Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Burkina Faso and Benin.
3. Campaign on the Ban on Alcohol Advertising in Sport and Exposure to Kids
- To call for alcohol advertising, promotion and sponsorship (AAPS) to be phased out of sports.
- To protect minors against alcohol exposures especially from advertisement, promotion and sponsorship.
Nigeria, Liberia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana, The Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Burkina Faso, and Benin.
4. Advocating for the development of a global Framework Convention on Alcohol Control (FCAC)
To advocate for a global binding mechanism to control alcohol and to protect present and future generations from alcohol related harms.
United Nations (UN) Member States and Systems, World Health Organization (WHO), Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), West African Health Organization (WAHO) World Health Assembly (WHA), Development partners, World Bank (WB), International Monetary Fund (IMF), Inter-Governmental Organizations (IGOs), International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs), Media, etc
5. Reaching out to Regional Stakeholders, Actors and partners to address alcohol related harms in West Africa
To advocate for the prevention and reduction of alcohol related harm in West Africa and beyond in collaboration with regional IGOs and NGOs.
ECOWAS, WAHO, WHO AFRO, UNODC, UNDP, etc